Today, Friday’s Mega Millions jackpot stands at an estimated $540 million dollars. This is the highest jackpot in this country’s history. The question many are asking is, is it worth the “investment?” I think so.
Here’s what I’ve figured. If you started buying lottery tickets the day you turned 21 and continued buying one every single day until you turned 66, you would spend a little over $20,000. Sounds like a lot, doesn’t it? Here’s another thing to think about. Just one win of all five numbers, but not the “Mega Multiplier,” would award you $250,000. That’s over ten times your lifetime investment.
Sure, on every drawing, they say the odds of winning the jackpot are about 1 in 178,000,000. Here’s what you need to think about, though. The odds of winning anything at all? 1 in 40. Even if you win the bare minimum of $3, the odds are in your favor of coming out ahead by the end of your life.
The most basic fact is, and will always be, if you don’t play, you cannot win. To all of those wishing to call the random lottery ticket a waste of money, I ask you to look at the figures above. I promise you, the logic is sound. I could never call anything that costs a buck a “waist of money.” What else would you rather spend a dollar on? A double cheeseburger? Right. That’s what I thought.
Ways to win the Mega Millions Jackpot:
- Mega Millions Jackpot Grows To $476 Million, Largest In Lottery History (inquisitr.com)
- 20 Over-The-Top Tweets About the Mega Millions Jackpot (mashable.com)
- Mega Jackpot Sets Record At 540 Million (fox2now.com)
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $540M (myfoxny.com)
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $540 million (mercurynews.com)
- Mega Millions jackpot now at $540 million (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- What to do after you hit the Mega Millions jackpot (thenewstribune.com)
- Mega Millions Jackpot Hits Record $540 MILLION (blippitt.com)
- Sorry, But Your Strategy For Mega Millions $500M Jackpot Won’t Pay (inquisitr.com)
- Mega Millions Jackpot Jumps to $540 Million (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $540 million (nj.com)
- Excitement builds as Mega-Million drawing for $540 million approaches (mercurynews.com)
- How to Save and Grow Your Mega Millions (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Mega Millions jackpot breaks record (fox13now.com)
- No Mega Millions winner; jackpot now $476M (abclocal.go.com)